What data is expected?
List of registered (limited liability) companies. The submissions in this data category does not need to include detailed financial data such as balance sheet etc. To satisfy this category, the following minimum criteria must be met:
- Name of company
- Unique identifier of the company
- Company address
- Updated at least once a month
What data is available
- Openly licensed? No (No URL given)
- Is the data available for free? No
- Is the data machine readable? No (n/a)
- Available in bulk? No
- Is the data provided on a timely and up to date basis? Yes
- Publicly available? No(as Company Register published by Ministry of Justice (company register) and Ministry of Economy (trade register))
- Is data in digital form? Yes
- Is the data available online? Yes (Here)
- Does the data exist? Yes
Access to the corporate registry is only possible through several private actors who obtained a license from the government to sell access to the A) company register (http://www.justiz.gv.at/web2013/html/default/2c9484852308c2a601240b693e1c0860.de.html) and B) trade register (http://www.bmwfw.gv.at/Unternehmen/Gewerbe/Seiten/ZentralesGewerberegister.aspx). Among these service providers is now also the fully state-owned Wiener Zeitung, the Republic's official gazette, which provides free access on http://firmenmonitor.at. There are several private operators that, like the Wiener Zeitung, offer free access to corporate ownership data, applying an add-supported business model or charge for access to financial corporate data. But none of the free offers provides an official extract of the data, and there appear to be some discrepancies in terms of how current the datasets of various providers are.
I have marked the data as not publicly available and not free based on the submitter's comments and the information on the website.
- Rebecca Sentance
- Martin Kaltenböck