What data is expected?
This data category requires all national laws and statutes available to be available online, although it is not a requirement that information on legislative behaviour e.g. voting records is available. To satisfy this category, the following minimum criteria must be met:
- Content of the law / status
- If applicable, all relevant amendments to the law
- Date of last amendments
- Data should be updated at least on quarterly
What data is available
- Openly licensed? Yes(Here)
- Is the data available for free? Yes
- Is the data machine readable? Yes (HTML, PDF, DOC, asmx, wsdl, xsd)
- Available in bulk? No
- Is the data provided on a timely and up to date basis? Yes
- Publicly available? Yes(as Legal Information System of the Republic of Austria (Rechts Informations System, RIS) published by Federal Chancellery)
- Is data in digital form? Yes
- Is the data available online? Yes (Here)
- Does the data exist? Yes
Federal laws, regional laws, some regulation issued by municipalities, decisions of several regulators and governmental agencies and decisions of high-level courts are available at https://www.ris.bka.gv.at in HTML, PDF and Word format.
Aggregate data for bulk download of all federal law is made available through the government's open data portal: RIS - Bundesrecht konsolidiert. However, this archive is now several months behind the latest laws available on the RIS website, which is under Copyright and charges fees on some data extracts.
The submission is correct.
- Kamil Gregor
- Martin Kaltenböck