What data is expected?
List of registered (limited liability) companies. The submissions in this data category does not need to include detailed financial data such as balance sheet etc. To satisfy this category, the following minimum criteria must be met:
- Name of company
- Unique identifier of the company
- Company address
- Updated at least once a month
What data is available
- Openly licensed? No (No URL given)
- Is the data available for free? Yes
- Is the data machine readable? No (n/a)
- Available in bulk? No
- Is the data provided on a timely and up to date basis? Unsure
- Publicly available? No(as Companies Register A-Z published by Bermuda Registrar of Companies)
- Is data in digital form? Yes
- Is the data available online? Yes (Here)
- Does the data exist? Yes
Only change since 2013 entry is 'updated in a timely manner' being changed from 'Yes' to 'Unsure' because there are no indications of the frequency of updates.
The register is free to browse but viewing company details requires a login, which must be applied for. Therefore the only details that can be viewed without an account are name, incorporation date and registration number.
Another version of the public register may be found at Open Corporates (non-gov/third party source) and is downloadable as open data via API. https://assets.opencorporates.com/companies/bm They presumably obtained this dataset from scraping the registry.
Changed "publicly available?" from Yes to No because login is required to view details. All other fields are fine!
- Rebecca Sentance
- Bruce Hoo Fung