What data is expected?
National government budget at a high level. This category is looking at budgets, or the planned government expenditure for the upcoming year, and not the actual expenditure. To satisfy this category, the following minimum criteria must be met:
- Planned budget divided by government department and sub-department
- Updated once a year.
- The budget should include descriptions regarding the different budget sections.
What data is available
- Openly licensed? No (No URL given)
- Is the data available for free? No
- Is the data machine readable? No (n/a)
- Available in bulk? No
- Is the data provided on a timely and up to date basis? Yes
- Publicly available? No(as Functional Classification of Expenditure-2015-2016 published by Ministry of Finance and Development Planning)
- Is data in digital form? No
- Is the data available online? No (No URL given)
- Does the data exist? Yes
Submitters comment: Budget speech is available from various sources including bank of Botswana http://www.bob.bw/ From the government website - http://www.finance.gov.bw/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=117&catid=23&Itemid=109
Reviewers comment: It appears that the Ministry of Finance and Development Planning offers budget data at general level (http://www.finance.gov.bw/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=89&catid=23&Itemid=109), where pdf-downloads are available. The numbers are divided by sectors, but not very granular and does not contain sub department level.
Data only exist in department level, and not in sub-depratment / program level. Therefore, data exist but it is not publicly available.
- Mor Rubinstein