What data is expected?
Records of actual (past) national government spending at a detailed transactional level; A database of contracts awarded or similar will not considered sufficient. This data category refers to detailed ongoing data on actual expenditure. Data submitted in this category should meet the following minimum criteria:
- Individual record of transactions.
- Date of the transactions
- Government office which had the transaction
- Name of vendor
- amount of the transaction
- Update on a monthly basis
What data is available
- Openly licensed? No (No URL given)
- Is the data available for free? No
- Is the data machine readable? No (n/a)
- Available in bulk? No
- Is the data provided on a timely and up to date basis? No
- Publicly available? No(as Dépenses publiques du Burkina Faso. This published by Direction Générale du Budget (www.dgb.gov.bf, down))
- Is data in digital form? Yes
- Is the data available online? No (No URL given)
- Does the data exist? Yes
The spending data are managed by a system named integrated system of the spending at the general direction of budget. The data are stored in a database and not published by default. To access the data, user must write to the ministry of finance, specifying which type of data he want, and also specify the format. If the requested data is not sensible, the direction that is responsible of the data extracts the needed dataset for the requester. Even if there is no license applied, the direction said that there is no restriction to the use of the dataset.
Hence the data exists and is in digital form but not publicly available as one has to go through a government official.
- Tryggvi Björgvinsson
- Idriss TINTO