What data is expected?
Key national statistics such as demographic and economic indicators (GDP, unemployment, population, etc). To satisfy this category, the following minimum criteria must be met:
- GDP for the whole country updated at least quarterly
- Unemployment statistics updated at least monthly
- Population updated at least once a year
What data is available
- Openly licensed? No (No URL given)
- Is the data available for free? Yes
- Is the data machine readable? Yes (CSV, XLS, MDB, DBF, PDF)
- Available in bulk? Yes
- Is the data provided on a timely and up to date basis? No
- Publicly available? Yes(as Online access to various data, informations and publications published by the National Institute of Statistics of Cameroon published by Institut National de la Statistique du Comeroun)
- Is data in digital form? Yes
- Is the data available online? Yes (Here)
- Does the data exist? Yes
The National Institute of Statistics has some information that is regularly updated like inflation rate, economic growth, GDP and other economics indicators. But population data are not regularly updated (not once a year). http://www.stat.cm/downloads/2015/CNT_INS_Cameroun_T1_2015.pdf
See also the data portal here.
Data not timely or openly licensed.
- Zach Christensen