What data is expected?
5 days forecast of temperature, precipitation and wind as well as recorded data for temperature, wind and precipitation for the past year. In order to satisfy the minimum requirements for this category, data submitted should meet the following criteria:
- 5 days forecast of temperature updated daily
- 5 days forecast of wind updated daily
- 5 days forecast of precipitation updated daily
- Historical temperature data for the past year
What data is available
- Openly licensed? No (No URL given)
- Is the data available for free? No
- Is the data machine readable? No (n/a)
- Available in bulk? No
- Is the data provided on a timely and up to date basis? No
- Publicly available? No
- Is data in digital form? No
- Is the data available online? No (No URL given)
- Does the data exist? No
In principle, Cameroon has an institution in charge of collecting, processing and publishing weather forecast data : The Direction of National Meteorology of the Ministry of Transport.
The website of this direction has not been updated since 2012 : http://www.meteo-cameroon.net/
This is why I choose to indicate that, from this official source, weather forecast data in non-existant, even though our national broascasting TV (Cameroon Radio and Television - CRTV) has a daily weather service. It is easy to understand that these data come from other non-official sources.
The same CRTV annouced in February 2015 that the Government has signed a contract with a Moroccan consortium to offer weather forecast service in Cameroon. http://crtv.cm/fr/latest-news/economie-3/cameroun-bientt-un-service-meteorologique--14095.htm
Submission is valid. Thank you for your submission to the 2015 Global Open Data Census.
- Stephen Gates
- Charlie Martial NGOUNOU