What data is expected?
This data category requires a high level national map. To satisfy this category, the following minimum criteria must be met:
- Scale of 1:250,000 (1 cm = 2.5km).
- Markings of national roads
- National borders
- Marking of streams, rivers, lakes, mountains.
- Updated at least once a year.
What data is available
- Openly licensed? Yes (No URL given)
- Is the data available for free? Yes
- Is the data machine readable? Yes (Multiple)
- Available in bulk? Yes
- Is the data provided on a timely and up to date basis? Yes
- Publicly available? Yes
- Is data in digital form? Yes
- Is the data available online? Yes (Here)
- Does the data exist? Yes
Multiple national scale framework data are available from Natural Resources Canada in the following portals: a) Geobase - http://www.geobase.ca/geobase/en/index.html b) GeoGratis - http://www.geogratis.gc.ca/geogratis/search?lang=en c) GeoConnections Discovery Portal - http://geodiscover.cgdi.ca/web/guest/home