What data is expected?
Records of actual (past) national government spending at a detailed transactional level; A database of contracts awarded or similar will not considered sufficient. This data category refers to detailed ongoing data on actual expenditure. Data submitted in this category should meet the following minimum criteria:
- Individual record of transactions.
- Date of the transactions
- Government office which had the transaction
- Name of vendor
- amount of the transaction
- Update on a monthly basis
What data is available
- Openly licensed? No (No URL given)
- Is the data available for free? No
- Is the data machine readable? No (n/a)
- Available in bulk? No
- Is the data provided on a timely and up to date basis? No
- Publicly available? No
- Is data in digital form? Yes
- Is the data available online? No (No URL given)
- Does the data exist? Yes
The Government of Canada released a pilot sample dataset matching the criteria for this category for the fiscal year 2013-2014, which has since been discontinued: http://data.gc.ca/data/en/dataset/2eed2fba-1626-4d2e-a511-389cc6b51ddf . The Government of Canada also has a tool for searching expenditure data, but data availability varies by ministry and department. Data is not month to month - it is aggregated by fiscal year - and it is not very detailed. Data cannot be downloaded. http://www.tbs-sct.gc.ca/ems-sgd/edb-bdd/index-eng.html
(No change since 2014)
Submission is correct.
All suggestions in comments are aggregated expenditure or procurement data.
- Tryggvi Björgvinsson
- Neal Bastek