What data is expected?
This data category requires a high level national map. To satisfy this category, the following minimum criteria must be met:
- Scale of 1:250,000 (1 cm = 2.5km).
- Markings of national roads
- National borders
- Marking of streams, rivers, lakes, mountains.
- Updated at least once a year.
What data is available
- Openly licensed? Unsure (No URL given)
- Is the data available for free? Unsure
- Is the data machine readable? Unsure (n/a)
- Available in bulk? Unsure
- Is the data provided on a timely and up to date basis? Unsure
- Publicly available? Unsure published by Registro Nacional)
- Is data in digital form? Yes
- Is the data available online? Yes (Here)
- Does the data exist? Yes
This is the map available by the National Register System. However, there is a different dataset from the National University, available in open source in the link: http://www.mapoteca.geo.una.ac.cr/index.php/home.html
There is an online viewer, but I can't even find a save as PDF option, it is not clear if one can get the actual data and re-use it, so everything but the existance of digital data online is unsure in my opinion. The data from the National University apears to be only in JPG files.
- Gil Zaretzer
- Alejandro Sanabria