What data is expected?
Key national statistics such as demographic and economic indicators (GDP, unemployment, population, etc). To satisfy this category, the following minimum criteria must be met:
- GDP for the whole country updated at least quarterly
- Unemployment statistics updated at least monthly
- Population updated at least once a year
What data is available
- Openly licensed? No (No URL given)
- Is the data available for free? Yes
- Is the data machine readable? Yes (CSV, Excel)
- Available in bulk? No
- Is the data provided on a timely and up to date basis? Yes
- Publicly available? Yes(as Population, employment, and economic statistics. They also have some national surveys available and other indicators. published by Instituto Nacional de Estadística y Censos)
- Is data in digital form? Yes
- Is the data available online? Yes (Here)
- Does the data exist? Yes
Data is available and downloadable in tabular data format. They have a copyright notice. Besides the "open data portal", INEC has another data tabulated in different parts of the site available for download in Excel format (http://www.inec.go.cr/Web/Home/pagPrincipal.aspx). And they have a system to tabulate your own data from surveys http://www.inec.go.cr/Web/Home/GeneradorPagina.aspx. They also have a microdata site when the databases of some of the surveys they make are available for download http://www.inec.go.cr/anda4/index.php/catalog. Nevertheless, the surveys are in .sav format (SPSS format).
Data are available in regular, mostly open formats.
- Zach Christensen
- camila salazar