What data is expected?
This data category requires a high level national map. To satisfy this category, the following minimum criteria must be met:
- Scale of 1:250,000 (1 cm = 2.5km).
- Markings of national roads
- National borders
- Marking of streams, rivers, lakes, mountains.
- Updated at least once a year.
What data is available
- Openly licensed? Unsure (No URL given)
- Is the data available for free? Yes
- Is the data machine readable? Unsure (n/a)
- Available in bulk? Unsure
- Is the data provided on a timely and up to date basis? Unsure
- Publicly available? Yes(as Geographic information published by National Secretary of Planning http://app.sni.gob.ec/visorseguimiento/multimedia/seguimiento/portal/reportes/indexg.htm)
- Is data in digital form? Yes
- Is the data available online? Yes (Here)
- Does the data exist? Yes
Public transport services in Ecuador are privately managed. There are no national-level government operated public transport services. Trains are operated by the government, though these are used only for tourism services and not for public transportation. There are other city-level public transport services operated or commissioned by local governments, like Metrovía in Guayaquil and Trolebus in Quito. This question was answered considering privately operated national-level public transport services (interprovincial buses). Most timetables are available in printed form, and some bus companies have it published on their websites.
All survey questions seem appropiately answered, but the comment at the end belongs to the Transport category. Please kindly modify as needed.
- Paula Alzualde
- Julio Lopez