What data is expected?
5 days forecast of temperature, precipitation and wind as well as recorded data for temperature, wind and precipitation for the past year. In order to satisfy the minimum requirements for this category, data submitted should meet the following criteria:
- 5 days forecast of temperature updated daily
- 5 days forecast of wind updated daily
- 5 days forecast of precipitation updated daily
- Historical temperature data for the past year
What data is available
- Openly licensed? No (No URL given)
- Is the data available for free? Yes
- Is the data machine readable? No (n/a)
- Available in bulk? No
- Is the data provided on a timely and up to date basis? No
- Publicly available? Yes(as Weather / Four Days Forecast published by Egyptian Meteorological Authority (EMA, http://ema.gov.eg/))
- Is data in digital form? Yes
- Is the data available online? Yes (Here)
- Does the data exist? Yes
The Egyptian Meteorological Authority publishes temperature readings for Egypt main cities. [http://ema.gov.eg/] It also published forecasts of temperature, humidity and wind speed for the upcoming 4 (not 5) days. [http://ema.gov.eg/pdf/4df.png]
They do not publish precipitation on the same website, but humidity instead, which I think is fine as rain is rare in most of Egypt, and precipitation is not really useful to citizens most of the time. Nevertheless, the precipitation forecast can be found on NWP website which belongs to the same authority. [http://nwp.gov.eg/index.php/wrf/preciptation]
Historical Data was not found on the website, however, it temperature, humidity and windspeed charts are found as part of the Pollution Reports published by NWP. [http://nwp.gov.eg/index.php/reports-enviromental]. It worth mentioning that this data is not available in reports since October 2014, thus we marked the dataset as not provided on a timely and up to date basis.
This submission is accepted as the dataset contains 4 days of forecast data for temperature, wind, and precipitation.
- Neal Bastek