What data is expected?
List of registered (limited liability) companies. The submissions in this data category does not need to include detailed financial data such as balance sheet etc. To satisfy this category, the following minimum criteria must be met:
- Name of company
- Unique identifier of the company
- Company address
- Updated at least once a month
What data is available
- Openly licensed? No (No URL given)
- Is the data available for free? No
- Is the data machine readable? Unsure (n/a)
- Available in bulk? Yes
- Is the data provided on a timely and up to date basis? Yes
- Publicly available? No(as Company Data published by Companies Registration Office (CRO))
- Is data in digital form? Yes
- Is the data available online? Yes (Here)
- Does the data exist? Yes
This remains unchanged from last year.
Details about Accessing CRO Data are explained here: https://www.cro.ie/en-ie/Services/Access-to-CRO-Data
Data available via free API for which signup is required at https://services.cro.ie/overview.aspx.
Bulk data are available for an annual fee: "The CRO supplies, under licence, data in bulk format for high volume users of our data. The data concerned is company information in respect of all companies on the register. It is in a specified format which may be updated to take account of changes in filing requirements. Daily updates of the data may be downloaded via the internet - a password is assigned to a Licensee to facilitate this. The fee for the daily data update service has been fixed by the Minister at €31,000 per annum."
The database can also be searched free of charge at http://search.cro.ie/company/.
Made some small tweaks - I determined that the data is not publicly accessible if it needs to be paid for and then requires login details to access. Agree with all other fields :)
- Rebecca Sentance