What data is expected?
This data category requires results by constituency / district for all major national electoral contests. To satisfy this category, the following minimum criteria must be met:
- Result for all major electoral contests
- Number of registered votes
- Number of invalid votes
- Number of spoiled ballots
- All data should be reported at the level of the polling station
What data is available
- Openly licensed? No (No URL given)
- Is the data available for free? No
- Is the data machine readable? No (n/a)
- Available in bulk? No
- Is the data provided on a timely and up to date basis? No
- Publicly available? No
- Is data in digital form? No
- Is the data available online? No (Here)
- Does the data exist? No
I have sent this office an email to see if the licence may have changed and if by chance they have a plan to have their data shared in .xls
Election referendum results from (2002 - 20145 are available online for local, county, national and European by constituency per candidate, per count. Bye-election results are also available.
Data are available in pdf documents, so not machine-readable.
The data are under Government Copyright and therefore not open see here - http://www.environ.ie/en/Tools/TermsandConditions/ and also under a PSI Re-Use licence http://www.environ.ie/en/AboutUs/Re-useofPublicSectorInformation/
National Election data are also available here - http://www.oireachtas.ie/ViewDoc.asp?DocId=-1&CatID=71 and those data are under this licence Re-Use of Public Sector Information Regulations (S.I. 279/2005) http://www.oireachtas.ie/parliament/about/copyrightandre-use/ which differs from the Copyright note above, in essense election results are on different sites and fall under different intellectual property regimes.
The submission does not fit the definition. The data is only available at the constituency (electoral district) level, not for each polling station.
- Kamil Gregor