What data is expected?
Data, measured at the water source, on the quality of water is essential for both the delivery of services and the prevention of diseases. In order to satisfy the minimum requirements for this category, data should be available on level of the following chemicals by water source and be updated at least weekly:
- fecal coliform
- fluoride levels
- TDS (Total dissolved solids)
What data is available
- Openly licensed? Yes(Here)
- Is the data available for free? Yes
- Is the data machine readable? No (n/a)
- Available in bulk? Yes
- Is the data provided on a timely and up to date basis? No
- Publicly available? Yes(as River water quality; lake water quality; bathing water quality; groundwater quality; estuarine and coastal water quality; river risk assessment; lake risk assessment; transitional risk assessment; coastal risk assessment; groundwater risk assessment; river basin districts; Water Framework Directive (WFD); fish kills; pollution at sea incidents. published by Environmental Protection Agency)
- Is data in digital form? Yes
- Is the data available online? Yes (Here)
- Does the data exist? Yes
Water Quality is monitored by the Irish EPA and data is publicly released. Only attribution is sought, however no specific licence type is applied.
Data monitoring happens on a regular basis, however, the most recent files available for download are 10 months old indicating data is not provided in a timely and up to date manner
Data is accessible through the following series of steps
- Access through https://data.gov.ie/dataset/water-quality
- Click "Direct Link" under Geospatial (which is not a direct link)
- Brings you to http://gis.epa.ie/
- Click little arrow under Get Data
- Click little arrow under EPA Database
- Select Water Quality and Monitoring
- Select appropriate file
- Enter email address at bottom of table
- Enter email address again
- Complete Captcha
- Click "Send"
- Wait an indeterminate amount of time (after 90 mins at time of writing, no email from EPA has arrived)
On this basis, machine readable category has been set to no as it can not be determined at time of writing
All parameters are there, submission is accurate regarding data being available and the download issues.
- Nisha Thompson