What data is expected?
5 days forecast of temperature, precipitation and wind as well as recorded data for temperature, wind and precipitation for the past year. In order to satisfy the minimum requirements for this category, data submitted should meet the following criteria:
- 5 days forecast of temperature updated daily
- 5 days forecast of wind updated daily
- 5 days forecast of precipitation updated daily
- Historical temperature data for the past year
What data is available
- Openly licensed? No (No URL given)
- Is the data available for free? Yes
- Is the data machine readable? Yes (TSV)
- Available in bulk? No
- Is the data provided on a timely and up to date basis? Yes
- Publicly available? Yes(as Air Temperature, Soil Temperatures, Earth Temperatures, Grass Temperature, Rainfall, Wind speed and Direction, Atmospheric Pressure, Relative Humidity, Global Radiation published by Met Éireann, the Irish National Meteorological Service, is a line division of the Department of the Environment, Community and Local Government.)
- Is data in digital form? Yes
- Is the data available online? Yes (Here)
- Does the data exist? Yes
Part of Met Eireann data is accessible through the Met Eireann site but in HTML only. Copyright notice on http://www.met.ie/copyright/default.asp states attribution only required however commercial use of data is prohibited.
Other data is available on https://data.gov.ie/dataset/weather-observations however this is only on a monthly basis. No licence information is provided. The direct links, again, extend out to another website, http://eca.knmi.nl/dailydata/customquery.php where data can only be downloaded on a piece by piece basis. The data on this site does not include all testing stations.
There is no machine readable daily accessible feed of data open to the public that can be found
This submission is accepted as the dataset contains 5 days of forecast data for temperature, wind, and precipitation.
- Neal Bastek
- Mor Rubinstein