What data is expected?
List of registered (limited liability) companies. The submissions in this data category does not need to include detailed financial data such as balance sheet etc. To satisfy this category, the following minimum criteria must be met:
- Name of company
- Unique identifier of the company
- Company address
- Updated at least once a month
What data is available
- Openly licensed? No (No URL given)
- Is the data available for free? Yes
- Is the data machine readable? No (n/a)
- Available in bulk? No
- Is the data provided on a timely and up to date basis? Unsure
- Publicly available? Yes(as Commercial Register Search published by Minister of Justice / Commercial Register)
- Is data in digital form? Yes
- Is the data available online? Yes (Here)
- Does the data exist? Yes
The ministry of Justice has a Commercial Register site which provides the ability to search within company registers. The register can be browsed by submitting a blank search (space). There is no way to download the data as bulk. We found results for companies registered in 2015, yet there is no metadata or any other means to check how frequent the information is updated. The site and its content have a non-open license.
Here is an example for one of the results http://cr.justice.gov.lb/search/result.aspx?id=1000119598
It shows the Name of company, Unique identifier of the company (1019890 here), Company address, as well as other information such as capital, date of registration, its legal form and names of equity holders.
Added details on how to browse the register. Have deleted comment from last year re: foreign companies data as very little useful data is contained within the files.
- Rebecca Sentance
- Tarek Amr