What data is expected?
This data category requires a high level national map. To satisfy this category, the following minimum criteria must be met:
- Scale of 1:250,000 (1 cm = 2.5km).
- Markings of national roads
- National borders
- Marking of streams, rivers, lakes, mountains.
- Updated at least once a year.
What data is available
- Openly licensed? No (No URL given)
- Is the data available for free? Yes
- Is the data machine readable? Unsure (n/a)
- Available in bulk? Unsure
- Is the data provided on a timely and up to date basis? Unsure
- Publicly available? Yes(as Digital maps and satellite images of Oman linked to a variety of data. published by National Centre for Statistics and Information)
- Is data in digital form? Yes
- Is the data available online? Yes (Here)
- Does the data exist? Yes
The National Centre for Statistics and Information provides a number of geospatial data that could be navigated through web-based and mobile apps.
The GeoPlatform App provides users with the ability to view graphic and satellite maps and overlay different informational geographic and social layers. There are also other apps that focus on specific layers such as government services.
Viewing the maps does not require any registration and is available for free. Downloading the data requires registration which involves a manual activation and cannot be completed entirely online. It could not be confirmed if machine-readable data could be downloaded or the extent to which data could be downloaded in bulk.
Review: everything seems correct.
- Gil Zaretzer
- Riyadh Al-Balushi