What data is expected?
Aggregate data about the emission of air pollutants especially those potentially harmful to human health (although it is not a requirement to include information on greenhouse gas emissions). Aggregate means national-level or available for at least three major cities. In order to satisfy the minimum requirements for this category, data must be available for the following pollutants and meet the following minimum criteria:
- Particulate matter (PM) Levels
- Sulphur oxides (SOx)
- Nitrogen oxides (NOx)
- Volatile organic compounds (VOCs)
- Carbon monoxide (CO)
- Updated on at least once a week.
- Measured either at a national level by regions or at leasts in 3 big cities.
What data is available
- Openly licensed? No (No URL given)
- Is the data available for free? Yes
- Is the data machine readable? No (HTML)
- Available in bulk? No
- Is the data provided on a timely and up to date basis? Yes
- Publicly available? Yes
- Is data in digital form? Yes
- Is the data available online? Yes (Here)
- Does the data exist? Yes
The values of the air pollutants are available online on a special website of the National Agency for the Protection of the Environment. These values are updated daily and are displayed on an hourly basis for the two days before the current day. They can be read by accessing one or more of the 142 stations in Romania that continuously monitor the air quality.