What data is expected?
National government budget at a high level. This category is looking at budgets, or the planned government expenditure for the upcoming year, and not the actual expenditure. To satisfy this category, the following minimum criteria must be met:
- Planned budget divided by government department and sub-department
- Updated once a year.
- The budget should include descriptions regarding the different budget sections.
What data is available
- Openly licensed? No (No URL given)
- Is the data available for free? Yes
- Is the data machine readable? Yes (XLS)
- Available in bulk? Yes
- Is the data provided on a timely and up to date basis? Yes
- Publicly available? Yes(as F and Excel format with accompanying information / speeches, key documents) published by National Treasury of South Africa)
- Is data in digital form? Yes
- Is the data available online? Yes (Here)
- Does the data exist? Yes
Government budgets are standardised across government departments allowing for easy comparisons. Historic budgets are also available in various forms back to 1993. 2013 onwards seem the most comprehensive. Planned expenditure data is available in PDF and XLS. The data is copyright under the National Treasury.
I have reviewed the data and it is correct.
- Mor Rubinstein