What data is expected?
Cadaster showing land ownership data on a map and include all metadata on the land. Cadaster data submmitted in this category must include the following charateristics:
- Land boarders
- Land owners name
- Land size
- national level
- updated yearly
What data is available
- Openly licensed? No (No URL given)
- Is the data available for free? No
- Is the data machine readable? Unsure (n/a)
- Available in bulk? No
- Is the data provided on a timely and up to date basis? No
- Publicly available? No published by Dept of Rural Development and Land Reform)
- Is data in digital form? Yes
- Is the data available online? No (No URL given)
- Does the data exist? Yes
The Dept completed a land audit in 2015 in which it states:
The State Land Audit serves to underpin this. It has now been completed and the relevant data vetted and verified. We now know who owns what part of South Africa; what land the State owns and where it is located.
However, this information does not appear to be available to the public.
- Codrina Maria Ilie
- Greg Kempe