What data is expected?
List of registered (limited liability) companies. The submissions in this data category does not need to include detailed financial data such as balance sheet etc. To satisfy this category, the following minimum criteria must be met:
- Name of company
- Unique identifier of the company
- Company address
- Updated at least once a month
What data is available
- Openly licensed? No (No URL given)
- Is the data available for free? No
- Is the data machine readable? No (n/a)
- Available in bulk? No
- Is the data provided on a timely and up to date basis? Yes
- Publicly available? No(as Internet Registry System - e-registry for real property registration published by Supreme Court of Korea)
- Is data in digital form? No
- Is the data available online? No (No URL given)
- Does the data exist? Yes
The list of registered companies is maintained in the official registry managed by the Supreme Court of Korea in accordance to the law. (http://www.iros.go.kr/ifrontservlet?cmd=INSEWelcomeNseFrmC) Even though the list can be searched on the Web, the whole list of registered companies is not available, and the information acquired by searching cannot be re-used since the information is copyrighted. It is also necessary to download and install an unknown file in order for the search feature to work.
Actually, the site insists linking to the site requires a pre-registration, but in my opinion, this is not the right that can be protected by the law.
I determined that the search feature is too restrictive, and also requires the installation of an unknown .exe file in order to test.
- Rebecca Sentance
- James G. Boram Kim