What data is expected?
List of registered (limited liability) companies. The submissions in this data category does not need to include detailed financial data such as balance sheet etc. To satisfy this category, the following minimum criteria must be met:
- Name of company
- Unique identifier of the company
- Company address
- Updated at least once a month
What data is available
- Openly licensed? No (No URL given)
- Is the data available for free? No
- Is the data machine readable? No (n/a)
- Available in bulk? No
- Is the data provided on a timely and up to date basis? Yes
- Publicly available? No(as Central Business Names Index published by Federal Commercial Registry Office)
- Is data in digital form? No
- Is the data available online? No (No URL given)
- Does the data exist? Yes
It is only possible to obtain companies data by inputting a search term into the search engine here: http://zefix.admin.ch/zfx-cgi/hrform.cgi/hraPage?alle_eintr=on&pers_sort=original&pers_num=0&language=4&col_width=366&amt=007 and it is not possible to browse or otherwise access the data without these restrictions.
Data is available for personal use: "publication of the whole database, or of parts of it, by any means is strictly forbidden". http://zefix.admin.ch/hrweb/eng/about.htm
There are daily summaries of new entries, changes and deletions to the register available to download on this page: http://zefix.admin.ch/shab/ but they are likely meant more as notifications than as a comprehensive resource.
It is not possible to browse through the database or access data without providing a search term, so I have penalised on the basis of being too restrictive.
- Rebecca Sentance
- Oleg Lavrovsky