What data is expected?
This data category requires a high level national map. To satisfy this category, the following minimum criteria must be met:
- Scale of 1:250,000 (1 cm = 2.5km).
- Markings of national roads
- National borders
- Marking of streams, rivers, lakes, mountains.
- Updated at least once a year.
What data is available
- Openly licensed? No (No URL given)
- Is the data available for free? No
- Is the data machine readable? No (n/a)
- Available in bulk? No
- Is the data provided on a timely and up to date basis? Unsure
- Publicly available? No published by National Institute for Cartography and Remote Sensing)
- Is data in digital form? No
- Is the data available online? No (No URL given)
- Does the data exist? Yes
The National Institute for Cartography and Remote Sensing (http://www.inct.mdn.dz/) sells maps of Algeria. Both topographic and thematic maps. Maps are not available online, as they are being sold.
A list of maps is shown here (http://www.inct.mdn.dz/site%20anglais/web_inct_sim/style/images/cartes1_gene.gif), though most of them are not according to the required scale, there is one "Carte d'Algerie et ses environs" is at 1:200,000.
Here there are topographic maps of scales 1:50,000 and 1:200,000, http://www.inct.mdn.dz/site%20anglais/web_inct_sim/act-ctopographique.php - and here are spatial maps
Not sure how often the maps are updated.
After reviewing this submission I find that these conclusions are correct.
- Gil Zaretzer
- Tarek Amr