What data is expected?
This data category requires a high level national map. To satisfy this category, the following minimum criteria must be met:
- Scale of 1:250,000 (1 cm = 2.5km).
- Markings of national roads
- National borders
- Marking of streams, rivers, lakes, mountains.
- Updated at least once a year.
What data is available
- Openly licensed? Unsure (No URL given)
- Is the data available for free? No
- Is the data machine readable? Yes (GIS)
- Available in bulk? Unsure
- Is the data provided on a timely and up to date basis? Unsure
- Publicly available? Unsure(as National Geographic Institute of Argentina under the Ministry of Science and Technology (Ministry of Defence). The available information comes from data set 250 emerged GIS project, conducted by the Institute until 2000. The Institute constantly working on updating its geographic database and its adaptation to the different rules and standards. Email contact: firstname.lastname@example.org. published by IGN - National Geographic Institute of Argentina)
- Is data in digital form? Yes
- Is the data available online? Unsure (No URL given)
- Does the data exist? Yes
There is a GIS map in 1 : 250,000, and even 1 : 50,000 from 2013 on the" INSTITUTO GEOGRÁFICO NACIONAL DE LA REPÚBLICA ARGENTINA" website. No license was found on the website, and therefore it is not openly licensed. Information is not readily accessible and much information you have to pay
After my review I changed a few things: 1. This is not a free service offered (it was set to not sure). 2. Since there isn't alot of clear information on the website I changed a few things to "unsure" status: public availability, downloadable in bulk, and updated timely.
- Gil Zaretzer
- Yamila García