What data is expected?
This data category requires results by constituency / district for all major national electoral contests. To satisfy this category, the following minimum criteria must be met:
- Result for all major electoral contests
- Number of registered votes
- Number of invalid votes
- Number of spoiled ballots
- All data should be reported at the level of the polling station
What data is available
- Openly licensed? Yes(Here)
- Is the data available for free? Yes
- Is the data machine readable? Yes (CSV, XML)
- Available in bulk? Yes
- Is the data provided on a timely and up to date basis? Yes
- Publicly available? Yes(as Australian Electoral Commission - Election Results Archive published by Australian Electoral Commission)
- Is data in digital form? Yes
- Is the data available online? Yes (Here)
- Does the data exist? Yes
Data only became openly licenced on the 1st of February 2012 because it was the first disclosure date of political donations after Creative Commons Attribution became the default licence of PSI for the Commonwealth of Australia. This led to statement informing users that all other data from the electoral commission being licenced openly: http://www.aec.gov.au/footer/copyright.htm Otherwise, machine readable data (CSV overviews and XML for finest granularity) is provided minute-by-minute on election dates for media organisations to use in their reporting and now this access is provided to citizens.
The submission is correct.
- Kamil Gregor
- Stephen Gates