What data is expected?
This data category requires a high level national map. To satisfy this category, the following minimum criteria must be met:
- Scale of 1:250,000 (1 cm = 2.5km).
- Markings of national roads
- National borders
- Marking of streams, rivers, lakes, mountains.
- Updated at least once a year.
What data is available
- Openly licensed? Yes(Here)
- Is the data available for free? Yes
- Is the data machine readable? Yes (wms)
- Available in bulk? Yes
- Is the data provided on a timely and up to date basis? Yes
- Publicly available? Yes(as GEODATA TOPO 250K Series 3 - Packaged (Personal Geodatabase format) published by Geoscience Australia)
- Is data in digital form? Yes
- Is the data available online? Yes (Here)
- Does the data exist? Yes
1:250 000 scale Topographic vector data is also downloadable in full https://www.ga.gov.au/products/servlet/controller?event=FILE_SELECTION&catno=63999 One of the first government organisations to adopt open licencing, specifically Creative Commons. http://www.ga.gov.au/copyright.html Also provides WMS API http://www.ga.gov.au/mapconnect/wms.jsp
Everything seems correct, I changed the link to the dataset for a better one offereing vector data download instead of PDF.
- Gil Zaretzer
- Pia Waugh