What data is expected?
Key national statistics such as demographic and economic indicators (GDP, unemployment, population, etc). To satisfy this category, the following minimum criteria must be met:
- GDP for the whole country updated at least quarterly
- Unemployment statistics updated at least monthly
- Population updated at least once a year
What data is available
- Openly licensed? Yes(Here)
- Is the data available for free? Yes
- Is the data machine readable? Yes (PDF, HTML, XLS, CSV, JSON)
- Available in bulk? Yes
- Is the data provided on a timely and up to date basis? Yes
- Publicly available? Yes(as population, education, research, environment, economy and tourismus statistics published by Statistik Austria)
- Is data in digital form? Yes
- Is the data available online? Yes (Here)
- Does the data exist? Yes
Statistics Austria has launched an open data sub-section of its website, http://data.statistik.gv.at/. However, it only offers about a dozen datasets there under open data standards. The datasets released there include data on the total population of Austria, but not on its GDP.
Numerous datasets are released by Statistik Austria on its main website in PDF and some also in HTML and other formats. Data can also be access through access to a web-based free but captcha protected database, that allows for download of selected data in various formats, including CSV and XLS. Statistik Austria retains a strict copyright on the data (except the few datasets released on its open data sub-website) and charges for many data sets, including municipal budget data.
Recent data available in open format.
- Zach Christensen
- Martin Kaltenböck