What data is expected?
This data category requires a high level national map. To satisfy this category, the following minimum criteria must be met:
- Scale of 1:250,000 (1 cm = 2.5km).
- Markings of national roads
- National borders
- Marking of streams, rivers, lakes, mountains.
- Updated at least once a year.
What data is available
- Openly licensed? Unsure (No URL given)
- Is the data available for free? Yes
- Is the data machine readable? Unsure (n/a)
- Available in bulk? Unsure
- Is the data provided on a timely and up to date basis? Unsure
- Publicly available? Yes published by The Bahamas National Geographic Information Systems (BNGIS))
- Is data in digital form? Yes
- Is the data available online? Unsure (No URL given)
- Does the data exist? Yes
The Bahamas National Geographic Information Systems (BNGIS) offers access to geographic maps here, but at the moment it's still a work in progress and nothing is available.
The data exists, however it is currently unavailable. BNGIS's website has a section offering access to geographic data, but it is still a work in progress. Since they state that the service is free, public and digital, I've marked those as yes, but since nothing is available at the moment the rest is unsure.
- Gil Zaretzer
- Bruce Hoo Fung