What data is expected?
National government budget at a high level. This category is looking at budgets, or the planned government expenditure for the upcoming year, and not the actual expenditure. To satisfy this category, the following minimum criteria must be met:
- Planned budget divided by government department and sub-department
- Updated once a year.
- The budget should include descriptions regarding the different budget sections.
What data is available
- Openly licensed? No (No URL given)
- Is the data available for free? No
- Is the data machine readable? No (n/a)
- Available in bulk? No
- Is the data provided on a timely and up to date basis? No
- Publicly available? No(as Annual budget for the government of Bahrain on a department level breakdown. published by Ministry of Finance)
- Is data in digital form? Yes
- Is the data available online? No (No URL given)
- Does the data exist? Yes
The annual budget can be downloaded from the website of the Ministry of Finance ( http://www.mof.gov.bh/arb/categorylist.asp?ctype=budget ). The report available provides review and expediter with a department level breakdown. The website provides a link for downloading the report in Excel or PDF formats, but currently only the PDF link works.
The Ministry of Finance website has an archive for previous years going back to 2003.
Reviewer's note - data is available only in department level. This does not meet the criteria for the budget data. It seems as the data exist but it in not available to the public.
Data from this source lack sub department level. I have changed the submission accordingly.
- Mor Rubinstein
- Riyadh Al-Balushi