What data is expected?
This data category requires a high level national map. To satisfy this category, the following minimum criteria must be met:
- Scale of 1:250,000 (1 cm = 2.5km).
- Markings of national roads
- National borders
- Marking of streams, rivers, lakes, mountains.
- Updated at least once a year.
What data is available
- Openly licensed? No (No URL given)
- Is the data available for free? No
- Is the data machine readable? Yes (SHP)
- Available in bulk? No
- Is the data provided on a timely and up to date basis? No
- Publicly available? Yes published by National Geografic Institute)
- Is data in digital form? Yes
- Is the data available online? No (No URL given)
- Does the data exist? Yes
It is possible to order maps at: http://ngi.be/NL/NL1.shtm but they are distributed either with FTP or on DVDs. For these purposes FTP is not regarded as being available on the Internet.
Reference specification, for the vector files for 1:10000, available at: http://ngi.be/Common/StandardDigitProd-Specs2013/Top10Vector_ProductSpecificatie_v1.1_NL.pdf mentions that the data version is 1.1 and that is from 2011.
We agree with the submission for 2014.
- Pieter-Jan Pauwels
- Tryggvi Björgvinsson