What data is expected?
This data category requires a high level national map. To satisfy this category, the following minimum criteria must be met:
- Scale of 1:250,000 (1 cm = 2.5km).
- Markings of national roads
- National borders
- Marking of streams, rivers, lakes, mountains.
- Updated at least once a year.
What data is available
- Openly licensed? Unsure (No URL given)
- Is the data available for free? Unsure
- Is the data machine readable? Yes (shp)
- Available in bulk? No
- Is the data provided on a timely and up to date basis? No
- Publicly available? Yes(as Carte de base du territoire national published by Institut géographique national du Benin)
- Is data in digital form? Yes
- Is the data available online? No (No URL given)
- Does the data exist? Yes
The Geographical National Institute of Benin is responsible for the production of topographic maps at the scale of 1:200000, 1:50000, 1:25000 but according to a 2008 report from the Ministry of Mines, Energy and Water, whole coverage of the country is only available at 1:200000 scale
At the time of this review, all of the Benin government websites apear to be down, so I'm leaving this entry as is.
- Gil Zaretzer