What data is expected?
This data category requires a high level national map. To satisfy this category, the following minimum criteria must be met:
- Scale of 1:250,000 (1 cm = 2.5km).
- Markings of national roads
- National borders
- Marking of streams, rivers, lakes, mountains.
- Updated at least once a year.
What data is available
- Openly licensed? Unsure (No URL given)
- Is the data available for free? Yes
- Is the data machine readable? Yes (shape files, .prf, .mdb)
- Available in bulk? Yes
- Is the data provided on a timely and up to date basis? Yes
- Publicly available? Yes
- Is data in digital form? Yes
- Is the data available online? Yes (Here)
- Does the data exist? Yes
There is a machine-readable 1:250.000-scale vectorial map data suitable for ingestion in digital map-making systems (GIS), which includes administrative boundaries, water bodies, transportation infrastructure, energy and communication, etc. There are several other map products, at scales both greater and smaller that the above one. The licensing is unclear but claimed to be public domain, see http://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/talk-br/2009-January/000029.html.