What data is expected?
Records of actual (past) national government spending at a detailed transactional level; A database of contracts awarded or similar will not considered sufficient. This data category refers to detailed ongoing data on actual expenditure. Data submitted in this category should meet the following minimum criteria:
- Individual record of transactions.
- Date of the transactions
- Government office which had the transaction
- Name of vendor
- amount of the transaction
- Update on a monthly basis
What data is available
- Openly licensed? No (No URL given)
- Is the data available for free? Yes
- Is the data machine readable? Yes (CSV)
- Available in bulk? Yes
- Is the data provided on a timely and up to date basis? Yes
- Publicly available? Yes(as Despesas - Gastos Diretos published by Secretaria do Tesouro Nacional - STN)
- Is data in digital form? Yes
- Is the data available online? Yes (Here)
- Does the data exist? Yes
Data till 2011 is published on the open data catalogue http://dados.gov.br
More recent data can be downloaded also from the Transparency Portal: http://www.transparencia.gov.br/downloads/ as bulk download per month (the size of each file is so big that this can be regarded as bulk download)
Neither the Transparency Portal nor the Open Data Catalogue specify the license of the data, Example: http://dados.gov.br/dataset/despesas-diretas-do-poder-executivo-federal-publicados-no-portal-da-transparencia/resource/a8eac0a2-7c69-42fe-95fb-4d1819beece1
Data on a certain type of spending (funds voluntarily transferred from federal to other levels of government or from federal government to non-profit organizations) is available on an open data RESTful API, updated daily: http://dados.gov.br/dataset/siconv . It is openly licensed. However, a bulk download is available only for an outdated version of the data.
Submission is correct.
- Tryggvi Björgvinsson
- Augusto Herrmann