What data is expected?
Key national statistics such as demographic and economic indicators (GDP, unemployment, population, etc). To satisfy this category, the following minimum criteria must be met:
- GDP for the whole country updated at least quarterly
- Unemployment statistics updated at least monthly
- Population updated at least once a year
What data is available
- Openly licensed? Yes(Here)
- Is the data available for free? Yes
- Is the data machine readable? Yes (csv, tsv, xls)
- Available in bulk? Yes
- Is the data provided on a timely and up to date basis? Yes
- Publicly available? Yes(as Ipeadata published by Instituto Brasileiro de Geografia e Estatística, Instituto de Pesquisa Econômica Aplicada)
- Is data in digital form? Yes
- Is the data available online? Yes (Here)
- Does the data exist? Yes
Since 2009 the Brazilian Federal Institute for Geography and Statistics realizes regular research about economic activity on a monthly base. Data is available for different economic activities and per state. Every ten years the institute realizes a demographic census. Data can be accessed via online services: http://www.sidra.ibge.gov.br/, is presented in time series: http://seriesestatisticas.ibge.gov.br/lista_tema.aspx?op=0&no=8 or can be downloaded: http://downloads.ibge.gov.br/downloads_estatisticas.htm
Statistics are also provided by the federal Institute of Applied Economic Research (IPEA), many of which are reproduced from another source. Some series are regularly updated, others are not. Licensing information is similar to CC-BY, allowing copying and reuse but requiring attibution. So it should be considered open. Data is not linkable to, as the machine-readable versions (csv or Excel) require clicking an "export" button on the interface, and there is no direct access URL for the files.
Data are openly licensed in variety of formats, with open licensing.
- Zach Christensen
- Augusto Herrmann