What data is expected?
National government budget at a high level. This category is looking at budgets, or the planned government expenditure for the upcoming year, and not the actual expenditure. To satisfy this category, the following minimum criteria must be met:
- Planned budget divided by government department and sub-department
- Updated once a year.
- The budget should include descriptions regarding the different budget sections.
What data is available
- Openly licensed? No (No URL given)
- Is the data available for free? Yes
- Is the data machine readable? Yes (Excel)
- Available in bulk? Yes
- Is the data provided on a timely and up to date basis? Yes
- Publicly available? Yes published by Ministry of Finance)
- Is data in digital form? Yes
- Is the data available online? Yes (Here)
- Does the data exist? Yes
The Budget law is promulgated in the State gazette, so it is in the public domain. The PDF is also published on the Ministry of Finances website (see here for 2015: http://www.minfin.bg/bg/page/851).
The consolidated budget framework is published on the Finances ministry website, usually as an Excel generated PDF. The available Excel sheets for 2015 are different amendments but their aim is unclear.
Data has been considered unavailable in bulk because each file, be it in machine-readable format or no, has to be downloaded individually. Also, the data has been considered available for free as anyone can access the files and download them from the Ministry's website.
Reviewer's note - Although each excel file needs to be downloaded individually,it is all in one webpage, and we consider that as bulk. For the future, it would be better if all the data was in one spreadsheet.
Changed data to bulk. Data was up to date, and I changed the timely question to 'YES'.
- Mor Rubinstein
- Boyan Yurukov