What data is expected?
This data category requires results by constituency / district for all major national electoral contests. To satisfy this category, the following minimum criteria must be met:
- Result for all major electoral contests
- Number of registered votes
- Number of invalid votes
- Number of spoiled ballots
- All data should be reported at the level of the polling station
What data is available
- Openly licensed? No (No URL given)
- Is the data available for free? No
- Is the data machine readable? No (n/a)
- Available in bulk? No
- Is the data provided on a timely and up to date basis? Yes
- Publicly available? No published by Elections Canada)
- Is data in digital form? Yes
- Is the data available online? No (No URL given)
- Does the data exist? Yes
2013- 2014 - Elections Canada is the elections authority at a national level. Its terms and conditions prohibit commercial reproduction of materials on its website (http://www.elections.ca/content.aspx?section=ele&document=index&lang=e). However, data.gc.ca publishes many of the same materials under an open license. Elections are also held in the provinces and territories as well as municipalities. Each jurisdiction would need to be contacted to assess the degree of openess. Regarding the conflicting licences we have sent a question to the respective authorities but we have assessed that data is available under an open licence.
Canada does count and report results in poll station level, but it publish and display the results in an aggregated district level. Therefore, the data exists and is digital, it just not publicly available.
Data is not in poll station level. Change it to exist but not publish.
- Mor Rubinstein
- Mor Rubinstein