What data is expected?
List of registered (limited liability) companies. The submissions in this data category does not need to include detailed financial data such as balance sheet etc. To satisfy this category, the following minimum criteria must be met:
- Name of company
- Unique identifier of the company
- Company address
- Updated at least once a month
What data is available
- Openly licensed? No (No URL given)
- Is the data available for free? Yes
- Is the data machine readable? Yes (Excel, TXT)
- Available in bulk? Yes
- Is the data provided on a timely and up to date basis? No
- Publicly available? Yes(as SIREM-Sistema de Información y Reporte Empresarial published by Superintendencia de Sociedades, email@example.com)
- Is data in digital form? Yes
- Is the data available online? Yes (Here)
- Does the data exist? Yes
The Corporate Information System-SIREM Report publishes information reported by companies that are subject to monitoring, control and inspection by the Superintendency of Corporations of the State.
To download datasets, navigate to "Estados financieros" and then "Todas las sociedades". Datasets can be downloaded on a year by year basis, from 2004 to 2013. No datasets more recent than 2013 are available.
The default format of data files is TXT, but instructions for opening the files in Excel are outlined in this document (language: Spanish): http://sirem.supersociedades.gov.co/Sirem2/Datos/GuiaExcel.pdf
It is also possible to obtain limited company data by inputting a search term here: http://www.rues.org.co/RUES_Web/Consultas but not to browse or access data by any other means. Address details of companies are also not held.
I am happy to let this replace the former submission, even though it is not timely. Instructions for finding the datasets have been added in English.
- Rebecca Sentance
- Juan Felipe Devia Rodriguez