What data is expected?
National government budget at a high level. This category is looking at budgets, or the planned government expenditure for the upcoming year, and not the actual expenditure. To satisfy this category, the following minimum criteria must be met:
- Planned budget divided by government department and sub-department
- Updated once a year.
- The budget should include descriptions regarding the different budget sections.
What data is available
- Openly licensed? No (No URL given)
- Is the data available for free? Yes
- Is the data machine readable? Yes (CSV)
- Available in bulk? No
- Is the data provided on a timely and up to date basis? Yes
- Publicly available? Yes published by Contraloría General de la República)
- Is data in digital form? Yes
- Is the data available online? Yes (Here)
- Does the data exist? Yes
The budget most of all public institutions is accessible and downloadable in the Contraloría General de la República (CGR) Website via an interface as a CSV file. Nevertheless the system is not friendly and to find the detailed budget is complicated and for some institutions is not available. The Central Goverment Budget it is also available in the Ministry of Finance website http://www.hacienda.go.cr/contenido/424-leyes-de-presupuestos but in a PDF format.
I have checked this submission and it is correct.
- Mor Rubinstein
- camila salazar