What data is expected?
List of registered (limited liability) companies. The submissions in this data category does not need to include detailed financial data such as balance sheet etc. To satisfy this category, the following minimum criteria must be met:
- Name of company
- Unique identifier of the company
- Company address
- Updated at least once a month
What data is available
- Openly licensed? No (No URL given)
- Is the data available for free? No
- Is the data machine readable? No (n/a)
- Available in bulk? No
- Is the data provided on a timely and up to date basis? Yes
- Publicly available? No published by Ministry of Justice)
- Is data in digital form? No
- Is the data available online? No (No URL given)
- Does the data exist? Yes
The data is available via a register - you can browse one company at a time and then download each listing as pdf. It is not possible to view company data unless a search term is inputted.
Last year, there was an option to download machine readable data (XML) but last update is more than a year old. 2015 data are therefore available only via the search interface.
Also, the licence restricts commercial use https://or.justice.cz/ias/ui/download/licence_pro_pouzivani_zverejnenych_dat.pdf
It is not possible to browse through the database or access data without providing a search term, therefore the registry does not qualify for most of the criteria.
- Rebecca Sentance
- Michaela Rybičková