What data is expected?
List of registered (limited liability) companies. The submissions in this data category does not need to include detailed financial data such as balance sheet etc. To satisfy this category, the following minimum criteria must be met:
- Name of company
- Unique identifier of the company
- Company address
- Updated at least once a month
What data is available
- Openly licensed? No (No URL given)
- Is the data available for free? Yes
- Is the data machine readable? Yes (XML)
- Available in bulk? Yes
- Is the data provided on a timely and up to date basis? Yes
- Publicly available? No(as Central Business Register (CVR) - The state registry of business information, which contains information on all registered companies in Denmark. published by Virk Data)
- Is data in digital form? Yes
- Is the data available online? Yes (Here)
- Does the data exist? Yes
A log in and password is needed, which is why the data is not available. Bulk data is available for payment.
Update 2015: It is still the case that you need to log in using your Danish citizen "NemID" (social security number-based digital identification system) in order to access the data. Once you've done that you have access also to bulk download, although the maximum number of records extractable per download is 50,000 (and total number of records as per Oct 2 is 1,173,015).
A few corrections made with the help of submitter. Looks good!
- Rebecca Sentance
- Christian Villum