What data is expected?
Key national statistics such as demographic and economic indicators (GDP, unemployment, population, etc). To satisfy this category, the following minimum criteria must be met:
- GDP for the whole country updated at least quarterly
- Unemployment statistics updated at least monthly
- Population updated at least once a year
What data is available
- Openly licensed? Yes(Here)
- Is the data available for free? Yes
- Is the data machine readable? No (n/a)
- Available in bulk? Yes
- Is the data provided on a timely and up to date basis? No
- Publicly available? Yes(as 2011 population and housing census, (preliminary report); a summary report of 2005 census published by Ministry of Finance, Statistical Division)
- Is data in digital form? Yes
- Is the data available online? Yes (Here)
- Does the data exist? Yes
The census report is available online in pdf format only. Additional information may have to requested from the department.
The reports however, are not timely. There is none available for previous years online and none available post 2011 population and housing census report.
Data are not very recent but there is some openness.
- Zach Christensen
- Veronne Nicholas