What data is expected?
This data category requires a high level national map. To satisfy this category, the following minimum criteria must be met:
- Scale of 1:250,000 (1 cm = 2.5km).
- Markings of national roads
- National borders
- Marking of streams, rivers, lakes, mountains.
- Updated at least once a year.
What data is available
- Openly licensed? Unsure (No URL given)
- Is the data available for free? Unsure
- Is the data machine readable? Unsure (n/a)
- Available in bulk? Unsure
- Is the data provided on a timely and up to date basis? Unsure
- Publicly available? Unsure
- Is data in digital form? Unsure
- Is the data available online? Unsure (No URL given)
- Does the data exist? Yes
Map for Egypt governorates, villages and districts. Historic maps are also available. All maps are available for purchause upon request to the dedicated Authority. [No changes from 2013]
Final reviewer: I am unable to respond to most of the questions in a more precise way since the website is down at the time of review (28 November 2014). Yet, if the data is available for purchase, then the data exists (thus, 'unsure' -> 'yes'), is not available for free (thus, 'unsure' -> 'no') and is not openly licensed (thus, 'unsure' -> 'no').
Since there is no link the only thing I could find was http://www.mcit.gov.eg/Egypt_Maps which apears to be down so I approve the unsure submission.
- Gil Zaretzer
- Sadeek Hasna