What data is expected?
5 days forecast of temperature, precipitation and wind as well as recorded data for temperature, wind and precipitation for the past year. In order to satisfy the minimum requirements for this category, data submitted should meet the following criteria:
- 5 days forecast of temperature updated daily
- 5 days forecast of wind updated daily
- 5 days forecast of precipitation updated daily
- Historical temperature data for the past year
What data is available
- Openly licensed? Yes(Here)
- Is the data available for free? Yes
- Is the data machine readable? Yes (wms)
- Available in bulk? Yes
- Is the data provided on a timely and up to date basis? Yes
- Publicly available? Yes(as Weather data published by Finnish Meteorological Institute)
- Is data in digital form? Yes
- Is the data available online? Yes (Here)
- Does the data exist? Yes
FMI has decided to publish a major part of it's meteorological and oceanographic datasets as Open Data using open standard web service interfaces for geospatial data. This evolving documentation is intended to give a good head start on developing applications using weather and oceanographic data through the FMI's open data web services.
This submission is accepted as the dataset contains 2 days of forecast data for temperature, wind, and precipitation.
- Neal Bastek
- Jaakko Korhonen