What data is expected?
National government budget at a high level. This category is looking at budgets, or the planned government expenditure for the upcoming year, and not the actual expenditure. To satisfy this category, the following minimum criteria must be met:
- Planned budget divided by government department and sub-department
- Updated once a year.
- The budget should include descriptions regarding the different budget sections.
What data is available
- Openly licensed? Yes(Here)
- Is the data available for free? Yes
- Is the data machine readable? No (n/a)
- Available in bulk? No
- Is the data provided on a timely and up to date basis? Yes
- Publicly available? Yes(as Budgets and budget documents since 2004, including the 2014 budget approved by Parliament and the draft 2015 budget published by Ministry of Finance)
- Is data in digital form? Yes
- Is the data available online? Yes (Here)
- Does the data exist? Yes
Most of the data is made available in PDF files, although some Excel files are available; therefore, the data is overall not machine-readable.
The PDF files must be downloaded individually for individual years, so the data is not available in bulk.
All government-generated data is legally public domain in Georgia, although the Ministry of Finance website specifies that it is Copyright 2012 the Ministry of Finance. No specific license for the dataset is provided, however.
- Mathias Huter
- Derek Dohler