What data is expected?
List of registered (limited liability) companies. The submissions in this data category does not need to include detailed financial data such as balance sheet etc. To satisfy this category, the following minimum criteria must be met:
- Name of company
- Unique identifier of the company
- Company address
- Updated at least once a month
What data is available
- Openly licensed? Yes(Here)
- Is the data available for free? Yes
- Is the data machine readable? No (n/a)
- Available in bulk? No
- Is the data provided on a timely and up to date basis? Yes
- Publicly available? Yes published by National Agency of the Public Registry, firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Is data in digital form? Yes
- Is the data available online? Yes (Here)
- Does the data exist? Yes
Data is available for free; no charge is required for any site functions.
A search interface to access the full data is available at the link given.
The data is not machine-readable because most important data, including data on company ownership and directors, is in PDFs and/or DjVu format.
The data is not available in bulk. Transparency International Georgia (an NGO) runs a web scraper which republishes the information in a machine-readable format with an API at http://www.companyinfo.ge/en/ . However, this information is not timely, and the Public Registry recently installed a CAPTCHA which prevents the web scraper from functioning.
All government-generated information in Georgia is legally in the public domain. However, there is no licensing information included with this data set.
The data set pulls directly from the central database of company registrations and is therefore always up to date.
- Mathias Huter
- Derek Dohler