What data is expected?
Records of actual (past) national government spending at a detailed transactional level; A database of contracts awarded or similar will not considered sufficient. This data category refers to detailed ongoing data on actual expenditure. Data submitted in this category should meet the following minimum criteria:
- Individual record of transactions.
- Date of the transactions
- Government office which had the transaction
- Name of vendor
- amount of the transaction
- Update on a monthly basis
What data is available
- Openly licensed? No (No URL given)
- Is the data available for free? No
- Is the data machine readable? No (n/a)
- Available in bulk? No
- Is the data provided on a timely and up to date basis? No
- Publicly available? No
- Is data in digital form? Yes
- Is the data available online? No (No URL given)
- Does the data exist? Yes
The Ministry of Finance makes monthly revenue and spending reports available als XLS files, but these do not list individual items or transactions but list only aggregate expenditures for personell or purchased goods and services (http://mof.ge/en/4646). It's not clear if more detailed information is centrally collected and aggregated on a monthly basis.
On a side note: All government agencies use a centralized e-procurement system to purchase goods and services. Data on non-classified government contracts and bills/receipts is available at https://tenders.procurement.gov.ge. The data includes transactions from state bank accounts to suppliers for the implementation of contracts, but no bulk data is available.
Dataset was reviewed in experts review and was changed from 'unsure' to data exist but available, since the country should have this data as part of their procurement and spending mechanism.
- Mor Rubinstein
- Tryggvi Björgvinsson