What data is expected?
Key national statistics such as demographic and economic indicators (GDP, unemployment, population, etc). To satisfy this category, the following minimum criteria must be met:
- GDP for the whole country updated at least quarterly
- Unemployment statistics updated at least monthly
- Population updated at least once a year
What data is available
- Openly licensed? No (No URL given)
- Is the data available for free? Yes
- Is the data machine readable? Yes (Excel, CSV)
- Available in bulk? Yes
- Is the data provided on a timely and up to date basis? Yes
- Publicly available? Yes published by Sakstat email@example.com)
- Is data in digital form? Yes
- Is the data available online? Yes (Here)
- Does the data exist? Yes
Sakstat / Geostat makes numerous national indicators available on their website for free.
Geostat has adopted the PC-Axis platform and all its public data is available via Axis and can be downloaded in public in a number of machine-readable formats.
Sakstat / Geostat provides foundational statistics for free, such as population, GDP, unemployment, etc. However, the agency collects more detailed statistics which are not freely available. The freely-available statistics are sufficiently detailed that I believe the dataset qualifies as freely available even though not all statistics collected by the agency are available for free.
All government-generated data in Georgia is legally in the public domain.
No open license found but data are available.
- Zach Christensen
- Eric Barrett