What data is expected?
National government budget at a high level. This category is looking at budgets, or the planned government expenditure for the upcoming year, and not the actual expenditure. To satisfy this category, the following minimum criteria must be met:
- Planned budget divided by government department and sub-department
- Updated once a year.
- The budget should include descriptions regarding the different budget sections.
What data is available
- Openly licensed? No (No URL given)
- Is the data available for free? Yes
- Is the data machine readable? No (n/a)
- Available in bulk? No
- Is the data provided on a timely and up to date basis? No
- Publicly available? Yes(as Greek Goverment Budget published by Hellenic Parliament)
- Is data in digital form? Yes
- Is the data available online? Yes (Here)
- Does the data exist? Yes
The General Accounting Office is responsible for the dissemination and publicity of the Annual Budget. Unfortunately, the General Accounting office has chosen to publish the related data in formats, which essentially prevents further use of this information by the public. The annual budget is published as unstructured PDF documents, while the internal breakdown formations change almost every year. This makes comparisons of actual spending with the budget , particularly difficult. Some experimental projects have been made using data scraping techniques , however, for a reliable and efficient solution the General Accounting Office should re-evaluate the data publishing policies applied.
QA note: Changed to data is not opened. Copyright - Treasury © 2014
I have checked the data and it is correct.
- Mor Rubinstein
- Mor Rubinstein